Friday, November 22, 2013

Training Lulu

Today Marvin and I went to have lunch at El Cholo. We had chips and salsa, guacamole, albondigas soup for him and tortilla soup for me, and we shared some delicious filet mignon tacos. I had the best Margarita ever, it was great! I was going to have it blended and try the brain freeze trick but I chickened out, so it was on the rocks. YUM.

When we got home, Lulu was happily sleep in her kennel, she has been really good about getting there when we go out and sleeping all night etc. But I decided maybe I should start weaning her out. Her kennel is quite large and takes a lot of space.

So I took out her bedding and fluffed it up, got her a new blankie, and set it on the bare carpet. She looked at it and sort of dragged the blanket a little but didn't sit down. Tonight she stayed by Marvin's room and played with her bone. Just now I went to check how she was doing and she's fast sleep in her bed!!! winning!

We'll see if she will sleep until I get up to feed her, but Marvin gets up earlier and has breakfast and I think she may get up then too. I hope she waits till I take her out to do her business. She's good doing it outside in the morning after breakfast.

Then when I take Marvin to the center, I will leave her loose, and hopefully she will stay in her bed, but I am not sure. We'll see.

So far so good, keeping my fingers crossed :)

No comments: