Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Holidays!

Just 2 more days till Thanksgiving!

Lizzie will be coming tomorrow and Jeff will come on Thursday. They are bringing steaks and a green bean casserole (Marvin and I have never had green bean casserole!) I am happy they are coming. I wish the Thompson's could be here too, but they will be in our thoughts! Too far to travel.

Thanksgiving has never been too meaningful to me because I didn't grow up with it, it being a typical American holiday. But I understand and appreciate the meaning of giving thanks and getting together with family and friends.

Today we took a big giant box of Whitman's chocolates to the Dialysis Center, as a thank you for the care that they give Marvin. They are really a capable, friendly bunch of people. They were happy to get it and thanked Marvin for it, even the doctors did! :)

I guess tomorrow I need to clean a little and start getting things ready.

Hasta luego!

1 comment:

RedRed said...

I wish we could be there too, but it is far. We'll be thinking of you!