Thursday, November 21, 2013

Brain freeze

Today has been rainy and a little chill in the air. So other than taking Marvin to and fro, I haven't done much of anything.

So I will tell you about a trick I learned.

I love Margaritas. I use to love best when blended, but they gave me brain freeze and it was so painful I have stopped having blended drinks and now  my drinks are always on the rocks.

The other day I was browsing the internet, and here was a simple hint of how to stop brain freeze. Here's the article. I am sure I will be trying it.

"The sensation of brain freeze is insanely painful, a stabbing sensation all over your head that can incapacitate you instantly. Understanding the scientific cause of brain freeze can help you cure it, though. When you eat or drink something cold, blood vessels at the roof of your mouth contract to prevent body heat loss. When the cold is removed, they dilate, sending a rush of blood to the brain and causing that familiar headache. So what you want to do is keep the roof of your mouth warm while you eat, and the best way to do that is to curl your tongue and press the warm bottom against the top of your mouth. Try it, it works!"
 
Does it work for you?
 
 
 

1 comment:

RedRed said...

Funny!I'll try it one day