Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29 - 1955-56


I was talking to Tristan today, we talked about school, friends, sports, etc. I got to thinking about when I was his age, how teenagers have changed since then. We didn't have computers or cell phones or electronic games, but still we had the same growing pains. It's hard to be a teenager no matter when.
When I was 13, I was going to a private school a couple of blocks from home. It was called Centro de EnseƱanza ALBA. There were girls and boys mixed, from 1st grade to
8th grade (well the Spanish equivalent).
I liked a boy named Paco who lived a few houses down from me and attended the same school and the same grade as I. He hated me!!! he threw little rocks at me on the way to school, he would push me and call me names. Everybody said that's because he liked me!
We had a Math teacher who was very young and good looking. All the girls were in love with him. I was his pet student because I was good at Math.
One day, and I don't exactly remember why, Paco got together with my sister Nuri, a friend of hers Montserrat, and a couple of the older boys, among them Luis, Paco's brother. They picked up some dog poop and put it in a box and wrapped it like a present, put a bow on it, and had Paco deliver it to the Math teacher, telling him it was a gift from me, because he was such a good teacher.
Well, let's just say he was not amused. I was called to the Principal's office, and there they were, the principal, the Math teacher, and Paco. I was totally clueless and had no idea why I was called.
When they told me what had happened, I guess they looked at my horrified face and decided I had nothing to do with it. They turned to Paco and grilled him and he cried like a wimp and told them what had happened.
After that, I just couldn't stand Paco anymore, I was the one throwing rocks at him, and he even came to me to apologize, but it didn't help. I was done with him.
I think he was my first puppy love, very one sided and short lived. But I still remember him, he was so good looking!
Paco Marco...are you in Facebook?? :)

2 comments:

emtes said...

I really like that photo of you. Your are so beautiful!
Besos de Mia :-)

RedRed said...

Nice story! I've never heard that one :)