Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17 - Roto Rooter

Our kitchen sink has a tendency to back up, it's been like this for quite a while. If I was dishes, when I finish and drain the sink, it backs up in the other side of the sink a little bit. Well it has been getting progressively worse. I put some Drano in one side and it helped. Then a cpuple of days ago, Marvin put Drano on both sides of the sink, I didn't know about it. So when I ran some water, the whole thing backfired! I was also using the dishwasher at the time. In a matter of minutes there was water all over the kitchen floor. A mess. I didn't know how to turn off or close the pipe, Marvin tried to tell me but then the pipe that connects to the garbage disposal, came out and more water started spilling. I finally got the floor dry and put a big plastic container under the sink to catch any water. I, miracously, finally was able to put the pipe back where it was supposed to go and I was happy I was so clever. It took me a long time, believe me!
So tonight I decided to was a few dishes by hand, and started rinsing them in the sink, and the water was NOT going down, in fact I backed up in the other side and it was nasty!.
So tomorrow we have the roto rooter man coming! I'll be glad to see him!

No comments: