Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28 - Old movies


Lately, I have been watching some old movies. I am enjoying them a lot. Some of them I saw in Spain when I was growing up and is fun to see them in the original language English.
In Spain they dubbed foreign movies, I don't know if they still do. The funny thing is the same person would dub several American actors/actresses, and therefore they all had the same voice. It was quite a discovery when I came to the States and heard the different voices of the different actors lol.
Yesterday I saw the 1958 movie "Houseboat" with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren. When the movie was filmed, she was 24 and Cary was 54.
Another movie I watched was "7 Brides for 7 Brothers". One of the stars was Russ Tamblyn, I met him in Barcelona after the premiere of West Side Story. A couple of years ago I went with Lizzie to Long Beach to a poetry reading, and his daughter Amber Tamblyn was there too. I introduced myself to her and told her I had met her father years ago, she was mildly uninterested but in a nice way:)
I am fixin to watch a movie tonight, maybe a Esther Williams no, the queen of the bathing suits. Or perhaps a Doris Day one.I enjoyed their movies as a teenager.
I am pretty sure all that read this post are too young to remember any of these movies, but they were fun and innocent :)
This post makes me feel old lol

No comments: