Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Vegetables

I am not a veggie lover. Sure there's some I like a lot and I eat them often. But I am not very adventorous, I keep on eating the ones I like and hardly ever try new ones.

When I was growing up we had a salad every day, different lettuces, tomatoes etc. Catalan salad, my favorite also had asparagus. We had green beans and potatoes at least 3 times a week,

I like green beans, peas, artichokes, asparagus, onions (I never ate onions until I came to the US, I disliked them enormously) potatoes, tomatoes, olives -just the anchovy stuffed ones,- garlic, peppers, carrots, peas. avocados...well actually I like a lot of them!

But there's so many more vegetables that I should at least try!

A little anecdote.  When I went grocery shopping yesterday, Marv told me to get some zucchini. Easy right?  Well I couldn't find any! yes they had cucumber, squash, and other veggies. So feeling dumb I asked the produce lady  why they didn't have any. She said, but there's a lot of them. What I didn't know is that zucchini is a squash, so I bypassed them without realizing they were one and the same.

zucchini = summer squash

Never too old to learn new things ;)





No comments: