Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My Schools

When we were in Barcelona, the girls, well Sandy mostly, made fun of me when I pointed some place and said, this is my school... It's true I did attend several schools, so I will present you now with

MY SCHOOLS

My first one, pre K, was right across the house were I was born, it's not there anymore.It was in Passeig Bonanova.

After that we went to Sagrado Corazon, a Catholic school, all the teacher were nuns, and we wore uniforms. It's still a school, but not with the same name. It's in Leon XIII street , close to Passeig San Gervasi.

Here's a class picture. I think we stayed in that school for about 5-6 years. Not many boys there eh?
Can you find Nuri and me?

                    After this school we went to "Centro de Enseñanza Alba" in Calle Bertran 131.
                           The apartment we rented with Airbnb was just a few houses away

This is a class picture. It was a private elementary school, very close to our home in Roca i Batlle.
See me?  It was a mixed school, but in this pictures is just girls.

The next school was a very posh/expensive private girls school  "Institucion Cultural Femenina"
It was located in one of the best streets of Barcelona, Passeig de Gracia 51
Just one block away from the Manzana de la discordia,

With buildings by four of Barcelona's most important Modernista architects, Lluís Domènech i MontanerAntoni GaudíJosep Puig i Cadafalch and Enric Sagnier

Here's where we took our mid term and final tests while in this school
Instituto Verdaguer
Located in the Ciutadella Parc

While going to this school I also attended the German School for languages, it was  fairly close to where I lived, in Avinguda Tibidabo
It's still a school, but not the German one

I started working part time in a Travel Agency, Viajes FRAM.

 When I graduated I started the University, just general classes for a year

I kept on working part time in a new agency, Viajes Conde, very close to the University


The next year I started classes at the Faculty of Economics, in the Diagonal
I took a few classes but I didn't like it, I liked the Travel Agency work better.

Then I got married!

In the US, I lived in Burley Idaho and decided to become a teacher, 
and went to Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID
They transferred my University credits from Barcelona

This was my dorm: Graveley Hall

I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Education


I also took classes in Cal State Long Beach and UC San Diego

And that's all!





3 comments:

RedRed said...

I think Nuri is in the second row, the sixth girl from the right. I think you are to the left of the little boy in the front row. In the second photo, I think you are the sassy girl with the crossed arms.

Am I right?

Lizzie said...

Sandy nailed it!

Kteach said...

Yes, you got it right. In the second photo, Nuri is the tallest girl of all!