Saturday, November 7, 2015

I need your opinion

I received a couple of letters from the LLCSD where I worked for 26 years as a Kindergarten teacher.

Since my retirement in 2011 I have subbed a few times. I don't much care about subbing, but is a way to keep in touch with  teacher friends, and also with some of my ex students.

The letters were to advise me that I need to take an online course on bullying, and then take a test and if I pass they will give me a certificate (all California teachers need to have this certificate in order to teach).

The second letter was to tell me I need to renew my Teacher Credential which expirres at the end of this year.  I can also do it online.

I need to decide if I want to do it or not. I would like your opinion to help me decide.

In a way, I want to keep all options open, and renew my credential even if I decide not to sub. It's also an identity thing, I will still be a (certified)  teacher!

On the other hand, I think, why bother. I won't probably sub anymore, too many rules and regulations, I don't enjoy having  32 kids in one class. Way too many! I also don't want to sub in any school other than Jersey and in any other grade but Kindergarten.

So what do you think???




2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I think you should go ahead and renew. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it!

emtes said...

If you love what you do you should renew for sure. I don't know about renewing only for the sake of it. But if you think it's fun and you want to go ahead.
If I were you and I think I might not want to sub anymore - too much noice and too much rules as you say - I would maybe do something completely different.
Like my Mom did when she retired. She also worked in the school world but as HR director for teachers but after retiring she turned 180 and became Dental assistent, something she did for 10 years until she was 75 and enjoyed every minute of it.

I think you should go with your gut feeling.

Love you <3