Friday, November 27, 2015

Movies

I've spend a good part of this evening  trying to organize my pretty large collection of movies that I have saved in my external HD

Last night, Lizzie and I were talking about organizing, so I showed her  my movie collection and how I had it organized by folders. She was sort of shaking her head and couldn't understand why I had so many folders and why some of thems were in several folders, etc.

I got her point. I do have too many folders. I had them filed by  favorites,  oldies, classics, teen movies, musicals, comedy, drama, seen, not seen, Oscar winners, holidays, and also by actor-actress for instance Elvis movies,  Steve Martin, Audrey Hepburn, Woody Allen, and so on. And of course, many many that were just listed by name since it would take too long to  find out what category they should fit in.

But I got quite a bit done, I have fewer files but way too many subfiles. . I'll keep on working.

I checked the internet to find out if there was some kind of app or program that would just organize them for me. I downloaded the Movie Monkey , but it didn't really work for me. So I'm looking for a program the will classify them at least by genre, so it would be easier for me to check them out.

 Any suggestions?

 

No comments: