Thursday, November 26, 2015

Post Thanksgiving

I was talking to some old friends online last night, and when I finally signed off I realized it was past 12, so I missed one day, although I wrote a Happy Thanksgiving post a little after midnight.

Today Lizzie took Marv to dialysis, unfortunately  while washing in the bathroom he hurt his back again and has been in pain most of the day.  He took a big tray of cookies from Sam's to the dialysis staff to thank them for their care.

Lizzie brought me a cinnamon roll for breakfast and then watched The Godfather for a while. We decided to have lunch after Marv got home. I made some chocolate pudding instead of pie for later.

After they got home, Marv had a snack and took a pain pill. Lizzie and I had pan con tomate y jamon serrano, spinach dip and chips and guacamole and patatas bravas..

Later for our main meal, we had grilled rib eye steaks with garlic mayo, dressing and cranberry sauce and potatoes. It was very good but not very traditional. For dessert we had the chocolate fudge pudding with home made whipped cream and flan. Also cookies from Lizzie. We also drank some Cava.

And of course watching a lot of football!

There was only the 3 of us, plus Lulu, and it was just fine. Marv called his brother and sisters that got together in Dixon, to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. I called Norbert. And Sandy called us :)

Marv went to lay down  because his back was hurting and then he had another pain pill and went to sleep. Lizzie and I were in my room talking, and I showed her some of the files in my computer and discovered my organizing was not as good as I thought! I really need help with it. We started by cleaning a drawer in my computer desk.

And now is time to say goodnight, even though I'm pretty sure it'll be a while before I go to bed.


No comments: