Friday, November 20, 2015

Knee bump

A couple of days ago. I was sitting on my bed and I had my legs resting on my computer chair. I was wearing shorts and I noticed a bump on my left knee.

It is below the knee cap and I thought it was a bone, but it is not as hard, is sort of cushiony. It doesn't hurt at all even when I push into it.

I tried to take a picture but is hard to see although is very visible. So what is it?

Of course I've checked the internet and it could be a number of things, ie bursitis. But everything I've checked it says is pretty painful, and as I say, I'm glad to say my bump doesn't hurt.

The first day we got to Barcelona, we went to out apartment in Carrer Bertran and were waiting outside for our landlord to come and open the door. After a while I saw a woman, opening the door to the apartment (his mother) I hurried after her to catch her up before she got into the apartment, and in my hurry I was not paying attention and tripped on  a low step and fell down on my knees.

It hurt a lot and brought tears to my eyes, but I never got a bruise, or it never hurt in any way afterwards even though the fall was pretty strong.

Reading about knee bumps, one of the causes could be a fall on the knee. I wonder if it is what happened. But it sure took a long time to show up!

If it doesn't go away, I may go have it checked.

No comments: