Thursday, August 22, 2013

A day in Court

I drove to the Courthouse, ticket in hand, ready to pay my fine.

The line was not unlike the lines at Disneyland, only more boring, not as happy and not as scenic.

About 5-6 lines with 20+ people in each line. 3  windows open .  Lines moved slowly, and then one window closed. Shortly after, another window closed. Moans from some people, hoots from others.

Another window opened, that was for people wanting an extension, not to pay fines. Many people moved there, some came back when they found out they couldn't pay the fine there. Duh!

 I just read a note saying no cell phones allowed (I had been playing  Candy Crush for a couple of hours, oh well!). Finally it was my turn.

I explained I had tried to pay online but they couldn't find the citation, she clicked the computer and said, no, it's not here yet. I said the infraction was June 6, why isn't it here? She said maybe the officer forgot to send it, and gave me a "Proof of Appearance" paper and told me to keep on checking online, and if not there, to go back in a month. Say what?

Then I went to Porto's and bought myself lunch (a Medianoche sandwich) and a couple of goodies.

And so it goes :)

No comments: