Friday, April 1, 2011

April

Another of my beautiful roses

I noticed I had not written much in March, so I will try to post more often in April. Blogging is a very good way to keep in touch with family but also is a good way to keep track of events in one's life.
I am looking forward to meeting Mia, and then having Sandy and Tristan and Lizzie visit over Spring Break. Also I think Marvin's family will come over one day when everybody's here. On Tuesday, Marvin and I will go to Kaiser to get the peritoneal catheter surgery. After that we'll probably have some training and start the dialysis. The surgeon is very personable and explained everything really well. Another thing happening this month, is our school Open House, my last one. Sort of bittersweet, I have come to terms with retiring especially with the class I have this year, and with all the education budget problems (less pay, bigger classes etc.), plus the home situation and my age, it is the right time to retire.
And now, a list of the books I read in March :)

Jen Lancaster - My Fair Lazy

Jennifer Ross - The Icing on the Cupcake

Sarah Strohmeyer - The Sleeping Beauty Proposal

Caren Lissner & others - Scenes from a holiday

Steve Martin – An Object of Beauty (half)

Nancy Thayer – Everlasting

Judith Rossner – Olivia

1 comment:

emtes said...

Wow your roses are truly amazing. You know how I love them and I hope there will be some when I come. I am so looking forward to meeting you all again.
Big hugs and have a great holiday
Love you Mia <3