Monday, April 4, 2011

Another day


Back to work today, I wanted to get a few things done since I am taking off Tuesday and Wednesday, and next week is Open House and Mia is coming and I don't have much time to prepare. However I got almost nothing accomplished. It's hard to try to clean and put things away with all the lil monsters acting up lol. I did write my lesson plans for my sub (good luck to him!)

I was tired when I got home so I had a nap.

Marvin and I talked after dinner (KFC) about tomorrow and what to expect etc. There'll be quite a bit of waiting around for me, so I am taking my iPad, I just learned they have wifi but I also have an Internet connection, I will also take a couple of books.

Marv is feeling a bit apprehensive -he's never had surgery before-. I think women are more used to it because of childbirth etc. I had thyroid surgery in Twin Falls, ID when Sandy was about 2 years old. I had a lump in my neck which I felt one night while I was reading in bed. We went to the doctor and he told Marvin that if I was his wife he would take me to the hospital right away, which we did the next day. Luckily the lump was benign, but I still have a scar around my neck. Of course I also was in the hospital when I had my two daughters. And then the last time was when I had a car accident, when the car turned over in black ice. I broke my left ankle and shattered the bones, I was hospitalized for a few days. I am posting a picture of me sitting at home with my leg in a cast :) That was about 30+ years ago.


I will let you know tomorrow how everything went with Marvin's surgery.

2 comments:

emtes said...

Good luck for tomorrows surgery. I will think of you both and I will eagerly await news about how it went.
Puss och kram fran din syster
Mia :-)
<3 <3 Love

RedRed said...

I think Lizzie was 2 when you had the thyroid surgery. I was 5 when we moved to Idaho. Right?