Friday, March 18, 2011

A trip to the farm


I think this might well be my last Kindergarten field trip, and it was not one I will remember too fondly. The farm is in Ontario and it was a pretty long drive from the school. First as usual some of my kids acted up (surprise!), then we had to wait a long time for the tour and all the kids could say was, I'm hungry, I want to eat..blah blah. There were not too many animals, an old cow, a few goats and sheep, a sad looking pig, some rabbits and chicks, and a couple of horses. We also visited the vegetable garden, somewhat overrun with weeds. And of course, the terrible porta pottys lol. And yet the kids had fun and that was the main purpose of the trip :)

The weather was nice, and it's obvious Spring is here. It seems in a matter of days everything has started blooming and budding out. Marvin planted the upside down tomatoes, and we bought a couple more bird feeders.

Now they are forecasting rain for the weekend, oh well I guess the flowers need some water!

And now I'm going to bed...good night!

1 comment:

emtes said...

What a wonderful, beautiful rose! One of yours?
You know how I love them :-)
Hugs and have a wonderful weekend and once again Happy Name Day Josefa.
Love you <3 Mia