Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mini meltdown

Well, it's official: I am a wimp! Today we went back to Kaiser to get M's catheter flushed, and when it came time to put on a mask, I couldn't get it right and when I finally had it right I started to hyperventilate and felt like I was going to pass out. They sent me out of the room and I cried. It may have been stress, or maybe I was thinking about my phobia of masks (Tia Socorro). We went later to have another catheter placed for a different purpose. I have to say M is doing super well, he's sore and tired, but doesn't complain and everything is going well,. After all he's been through I am proud of the way he's taking it in stride :) And here's another anecdote about my being stressed (or being a dummy) lol. I went to the store to get some groceries after we came home from the hospital. I was driving the pick up and I have some trouble opening and closing the door with the automatic opener. So when I got to the store, I locked the door manually. When I came back with the groceries, I clicked the opener and it wouldn't work, I clicked and clicked and clicked some more and was getting upset. A nice man drove by and stopped and asked me if I had locked my keys inside, I said no, I had the keys but maybe the battery was low. It never occurred to me to put the key in the lock and try to open it that way. I kept clicking and was totally aggravated when I noticed....I was using my Mustang keys instead!!!!!!!

1 comment:

RedRed said...

You're doing great, Mom! You have a a lot of stuff going on right now. I don't blame you for getting frustrated and maybe a little overwhelmed. Cut yourself some slack. Everything is going to be ok. You're wonderful! Love you!