Saturday, April 9, 2011

Merry cleaning

The Merry maids were supposed to come from 10-12, but at 7AM the phone woke me up and they said they would be there in half an hour! I was still half sleep so i said OK. I went to wake up Marvin and he was not too happy about it and later said it screwed up his whole day schedule. I got the little ladder and we took the drapes from his room down, just as I finished, here comes the 2 merry maids who were anything but merry. I told them exactly what to do and they kept asking, is that all? They started with the bigger bathroom, then they went to Marvin's room, then they went out the backdoor wtf? they said they didn't know where the other bathroom was although I had shown it to them when they first came in. OK so they did the little bathroom. In the meantime, I went to check the rooms they did and I was not too pleased, they didn't clean the windowsills, they didn't move things off the wall and I told them to please vacuum and clean again those spots. And so on. They finally left and we decided next time we'd use a different service. I went to take the drapes to the dry cleaners, they said they'd be done Tuesday. Went back home and did some washing etc and left for my hair appointment. I like my hair color, is warm chocolate with lighter highlights. It's cut in a bob style, I think it looks cute, at least today it does! Marvin is still feeling pretty tired and had a nap or two. We both had a light lunch and for dinner we had...McDonalds! Did I mention I have had mcnuggets cravings for the past couple of weeks??? Tomorrow Norbert is coming to help stack boxes in the garage, and to drain the Jacuzzi and fill it up etc. In exchange, I am cooking late lunch. Because it has been pretty chilly, I am making Carbonades Flamande. We'll see how it turns out :)

1 comment:

emtes said...

I would have been so frustrated when I pay good money and they aren't any good! And coming that early in the morning! Didn't you complain to their supervisor? I would have and I'm sure I would have asked for a deduction. But that is me :-)
Hope the rest of the day was nice.
Hugs Mia <3 <3