Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5


I had nothing much to write about today, but after talking to Lizzie and reading Sandy's blog, I will write about hmmm..life?
My thoughts are, life is what you make of it. Sometimes we don't see the little things that make us happy because we are too involved in the big picture, in the routine, the day to day rote. What we want out of life is also tempered by our circumstances, our families, we must however make time for ourselves and fulfill our own needs as well.
I most of the time look at the bright side of life. I just reread what I wrote and I am not sure it makes much sense, plus it makes me think too much.
However, I want to say that I have discovered, well actually I always knew but maybe didn't say it out loud, that I have all kinds of hmmm..quirkiness that may be annoying to others and it sometimes annoys me too, although I tend to laugh it off. Case in point. My fear or dislike of going to have my hair done. I keep on trying different salons and I'm never satisfied, I have gone to high end and to Fantastic Sam's and everything in between. Part of the problem is I cannot verbalize what it is I want. The other part of the problem is that I don't know what I want. (How about the fact that Nuri used to have a hair salon, would that be a factor too?)
So, I just have made an appointment to have my hair colored and cut on Saturday at 11:30AM ARTIKA HairSpa
That's where I went last time (in April lol).
One of these days I will write about my indecisiveness about retirement. That will take a couple of pages lol, so be prepared. Goodnight now, I'm going to watch Project Runway....one of life's little pleasures.
(Picture of my hair right now, will take one Saturday)

2 comments:

emtes said...

Very nice picture of you! You look so happy and there's a glow around you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from your sis :-) (Nuri and her hairsalon might have something to do with it :-D)

RedRed said...

Your hair looks longer than I've seen it for awhile. It's hard to figure out what to do with your hair, especially when we are not blessed with the skill to figure out how to fix it! LOL I think you always look good and yes, you are quirky.:o) Love you!