Wednesday, November 25, 2009

day 25

I went to have my bone scan, after Marv and I went to have lunch at the Cuban Restaurant, I had a medianoche sandwich (ham and pork roast and cheese on cuban bread) Cubans sure like their pork. The place was jumping, I didn't know there were so many cubans around here. I even saw and talked to the mother of children I had in my class eons ago, she was buying cuban treats to take to her work. I also bought a mango dessert for tomorrow.
This morning I put an ad in Craig's list, we wanted to give away our 38 inch Toshiba TV that worked perfectly but was sooo big, and also the futon. In a matter of minutes I got lots of answers, they all wanted the TV, or the futon, or the TV and the futon. We gave the TV to a single mother with a 10 yr old son, she said her 24 yr old TV had quit working. She brought an older man to help her because I told her the TV was way heavy and we couldn't help her carry it.
I am not sure the TV will get to her house in one piece. The back of her SUV was full of empty cans and plastic bottles they probably collected to sell, and they threw a blanket over it, and they basically put the TV face down on top of it. I hope it works for them, she was very grateful. The futon went to a younger couple that lived not too far from us. She had pink hair, at least she and her husband came prepared, with a pickup and rope to tie the futon down. They also were very thankful, she said they had been looking for one for a long time .
It was nice to be of help to some people that otherwise could not have afforded the TV or the futon.

No comments: