Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 23


Today I finished reading "La sombra del viento" in Spanish, I like to read books in the original language whenever possible. I can only read 100% well in Catalan, Spanish and English. I really enjoyed the book, I know the girls have read it too, but because the events take place in Barcelona, I could visualize where it was happening. It is a strange book, like a book within a book within a book, there are so many stories, so much going on. I think the author is an excellent writer, I loved reading it in Spanish. I read the prequel of this book, called "The Angel's Game" in English. The translator, who is the daughter of the poet Robert Graves, did a great job of translating, but reading it in Spanish was so much more meaningful to me.

2 comments:

RedRed said...

Is that "Shadow of the Wind"? The cover is different.

Kteach said...

Yes, is the same book, only in Spanish it has a different cover. I like this one.