Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 21


Today I went to Huntington Beach, Norbert showed me the changes he's made in his yard, and his new toy, some hydraulic something or other to move his toys around. He's leaving tomorrow towards Las Vegas, he's taking the dirt bike and the quad and will go running around in the mountains and of course, having Thanksgiving with his sister.
We went to lunch to Acapulco in Long Beach, it was a very nice day so we ate outside, overlooking the harbor. We had fajitas grandes (steak, shrimp and chicken) and I had a yummy Mango Margarita with a shot of Grand Marnier.
After lunch we went to Seal Beach, the sea was calm and blue, many people were walking around enjoying the nice weather.
A highlight: I found a wonderful Vietnamese-French bakery in HB called Kiaawa. I have long been searching for a bakery that has the type of confections I like. I am not very fond of your typical supermarket bakery goods. This place was a feast for the senses, the smells were great (at least Norbert thought so), everything in the place was a feast for the eyes, the displays were exquisite, the cakes were works or art. I chose 3 petit fours -a layered chocolate, a mango mousse, and an orange creme brulee, delicious!!! I also got some miniature croissants, a mini ham and cheese brioche , and a savory bun.
It was a nice day :)