Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 20

Last day of school , we have all next week off thanks to budget cuts, but nobody is complaining. We have had 2 intensive weeks of testings, assessments, evaluations etc, and all the teachers were stressed and tired, we all embraced the extra days off. By the way, it must be true the economy is bad, this is the first year I have not received any presents from my students for Thanksgiving, boo hoo!! Our school fundraiser was also the lowest we've had in many years.
I have no plans for the week, other than resting, doing report cards, getting the papers ready for our retirement meeting on the 30th, etc. Marvin and I were thinking about spending some days off somewhere, but during the holidays everything is full and more expensive, so we decided to stay home.
We went to dinner with my friend Jennifer last night at Acapulco, and she spent the night over, it was nice chatting with her because we don't see so much of each other during school time. Tomorrow I am going to Huntington Beach to have lunch with Norbert, where to? Acapulco! lol
Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: