Saturday, November 1, 2014

October recap

October was a pretty good month. We even had some legitimaste fall days among the usual hot weather, and we ended the month with rain!

There was a full eclipse of the moon October 8, and I stayed up to watch it and it was awesome.
I went to the beach a couple of times and I am planning to go at least a couple of times a month, it's so beautiful and relaxing.
I went to Jersey School for a visit, and as always I am gratified to see that the kids remember me and come and hug me and ask me when I'm comiung back :)

My friend Norbert is doing OK, but as usual still not sure of what to do next. Obviously he will go along with the plans of bringing his fiancee to the States, a little too late to back up.
My teacher friend broke up with her useless boyfriend yet again. I wonder if she'll ever learn and gain some self respect. She says this time is for good. We'll see.

Lizzie came to visit the 24th and brought me a huge slice of my favorite cake, yum. We has a nice visit, we always enjoy our daughter's visits :)

We got a new floor for the dining room and carpet for the living room and hallway. It looks good and so far Lulu is keeping her distance :)

Sandy got a new car and T got his driver's license, and just sent me a text with his awesome grades!!! He's a great kid.


Here's the list of books I read in October:


Ruth Reichl - Delicious!

Haywood Smith - Queen Bee Goes Home Again

Susan Wiggs - Return to Willow Lake

Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Heroes are my Weakness

Susan Wiggs - Summer by the sea

Ferenc Mate - A Vineyard in Tuscany

JoJo Moyes - One plus One


And the movies I watched:


Lucia y el sexo (2001) Spain

This Is Where I Leave You (2014)

Deux jours, une nuit (2014) French

Wish I was Here (2014)

Hocus Pocus (2006)

Walking on Sunshine (2014) UK

Carmina o Revienta (2012) Spain

The Food Guide to Love (2013) Irish

Avis de Mistral (2014) -Our Summer in Provence-French


Looking foirward to a great November!

No comments: