Thursday, November 20, 2014

A book in me (bis)

I didn't have anything to write about, so I decided to "steal" Sandy's subject. Hope she doesn't mind I'm a copycat.

Both my daughters are excellent writers, my youngest one is a poet and has had many of her poems published. I also marvel at their posts, they are descriptive, witty, just great. I am sure either one of them could write a book if they put their mind to it, and have the patience, the discipline, the drive and the time to do it.

I was a pretty good writer, in Spanish. In English, even though I am a teacher, I still have problems with my grammar and my sentences -only thing I excel at is my spelling and vocabulary- But I look at "A book in me" differently , I know I wouldn't be able to sit down and write a book of fiction. However I think that I'd like a ghostwriter to write about my life but in a fictionalized way, I think I have had a lot of different experiences that would make a pretty interesting reading. A lot of things you already may know, and a lot of things you don't, both from my life in Spain and in the USA.

It's not going to happen, but I have to confess I wrote an outline a few years ago, during one of my boring school meetings, and I kept refining it and adding to it. Nothing came out of it and I have no idea what happened to the outline. Maybe one day I will find it :)


Today I didn't do much (surprise!) but my rose trees in the front yard are blooming, and it made me happy! And I am looking forward to seeing LIzzie tomorrow, that makes me happy too :)


1 comment:

emtes said...

I am so full of admiration of you all writing so much especially this month. It seem my time is never long enough to write, but I try whenever I can :-)
Love reading yours!!
Puss och kram, love you
Mia