Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lunch with friends

Once in a while I like to go to my old school and have lunch with my friends, namely the Kindergarten team.

After talking to several of the teachers and staff, the K team and I went to Veracruz. We have been going there for years, and everybody knows our name. The owner is a good looking man from Ecuador, he's in his late 30's and pretty nice looking and super friendly. He and I have this thing going about soccer, he calls me Barcelona, he's a big fan, but he teases me saying things like Viva Real Madrid grrr. Today he said he had not seen me around too much at the Restaurant since I retired, but he seems me around La Mirada, he lives close to Biola. I told him since we are practically neighbors, could I have a discount? he said no, but I'll give you something. So he left and came back with a shot of tequila, complete with lime and salt. Drink, lick and suck, and so I did.

Let me tell you it got to my head right away. I only drink tequila in Margaritas but not by itself. It was a good thing I was not driving!

Here's a picture of my teacher friends. You all know them or at least heard of them. Gloria lost her oldest son this summer from a heart attack. Jennifer broke up (again) with her on and off idiot boyfriend. Maybe this time she's learned her lesson. Norma told me her oldest son got his driver's license and graduated from HS this year, he's going to Cerritos College. Her husband is opening a little drive in Downey, specializing in chicken wings. She's somewhat apprehensive about it but I hope it works for them.


I had a good time :)


No comments: