Saturday, November 29, 2014

Another day

This year's Thanksgiving was pretty quiet. Marv had to go to dialysis 1 hour earlier, we took some muffins for the staff as a thank you for taking good care of him. There was hardly any traffic, everything was pretty quiet.

I got back home and since I woke up an hour earlier than usual, I decided to go back to bed, which I did, with Lulu laying on a towel by my feet. When I woke up it was around noon and I was going to take Lulu for a walk, but it was 90 degrees, so I decided it was too hot for both of us. I didn't know what to have for lunch, so I had some camembert-cranberry roll ups from Trader Joe's, I was going to open a bottle of Freixenet but I decided to wait till after I picked up Marv. I was going to bake a chocolate meringue pie, but I didn't have my favorite pie crust from TJ's, I would have sworn I had, so instead I watched a movie in the computer, a Catalan movie with Spanish subtitles !, it was called "Menu degustacio" or in English "Tasting Menu". I enjoyed the movie, the food, the scenery and of course the speaking in Catalan.

By the time it finished it was time to go pick up Marv, again no traffic. We got home and he was tired and had a snack, watched TV and went to nap. I opened my Freixenet and I told him we'd eat earlier because I didn't have much for lunch, so I cooked the roast turkey, made mashed potatoes, and green beans, and baked a frozen mini apple pie from Marie Callenders. We ate around 7PM. Then Lizzie called to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving :) Sandy had sent a Happy Thanksgiving text earlier in the day. I missed them and Tristan. but I'm looking forward to Christmas. Later I took Lulu for a walk around the neighborhood.

Today we had Thai for lunch, pho chicken noodle soup and egg rolls; for dinner I had leftover turkey and Marv had eggs and toast. Not much in the area of leftovers!

I talked to my friend Jennifer and asked her if she could come sometime and help me get the Xmas lights up. After his fall I am not asking Norbert to go up the ladder! I have not seen or talked to him very much lately anyway, although he called me today and he's doing OK, I had invited him for Thanksgiuving but he said he might go to Las Vegas, then decided not to. Whatever.

This evening I took Lulu to the park,she's so funny. She got all excited and couldn't wait to get in the truck. When we got to the park she walked around, sniffing everything and enjoying the walk. There were lots of geese and ducks and some other kind of fowls, they were loud and getting in the way. Lulu was totally oblivious to them! as if they were invisible. Didn't stop or look at them, nothing. A woman came by walking a large dog and then she acted really silly, flirty like. Then some kids came by and said what a cute dog and she just almost drooled of happiness. After a while she started pulling me with the leash and started walking really fast towards the pick up, she was in a hurry. We got in and drove home. When we got home she went to drink a gallon of water, then I had to walk her up and down the street till she did her business, right ion the front lawn.

Black Friday? not me. I can't think of anything I would hate more than go shopping on Black Friday!
So much nicer to take a walk in the park.

No comments: