Monday, November 15, 2010

Annoying things

We have been testing the kids at school on Math, reading, and writing. One of my kids wrote the following: I go to the park with my mom and dad. A kid in another class wrote: I og to the prk w my brt. Out of a possible 4 points, my kid got 2, the other kid got 3(I had scored mine with a 4)Why? because he wrote phonetically the sounds he heard. I argued that my kid already knew how to write park and with, so he wrote the whole thing. But to no avail.
On a different vein, just before going home, I was looking in my classroom for some work I had prepared for my kids to do tomorrow. The teacher next door came in and asked me what I was looking for, I told her I was looking for some stuff I had prepared, she said, I'll help you look...where did you put it? I went grrrrr if I knew where it was I wouldn't be looking for it!!!!! Then she said, well OK, do you remember what you did with it? At that point i told her to go back to her room pronto!!!!! lol

1 comment: