Saturday, June 7, 2014

Facebook

I have met many friends, old and new thru Facebook.

I am of course 'friends' with my family, in California, Utah, Spain and Sweden and Germany.

I am 'friends' with many of my old Kindergarten students, some are already married and with children of their own, it is fun to see how they've grown.

I am 'friends' with teachers, principals, secretaries, and aides from Idaho and California.

And I am 'friends' with friends. Some have found me and many I have found after losing touch with them for years.

Today I had a long phone conversation with a friend from Idaho, that I had lost track of for many years. She's from Spain but her family moved to Argentina when she was little, she came to the US as a teenager, a newly converted Mormon. We met in Burley, we both were teachers in the Cassia Couynty School District, and we also attended ISU. After I moved to California, we remained in touch, when she moved to California to teach, she lived with us in La Mirada for almost a year, later she rented a room in Norbert's townhouse in Huntington Beach. After a few years in California she moved  to Las Vegas, then went back to Idaho and we lost track of each other.

The surpise to me is she got married about 10 years ago with a widower from Rupert, 13 years her senior. He had 4 daughters and 2 sons, 26 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren. Yes it's a Mormon family.

It was fun getting reacquainted. I am sure a lot more phone calls will follow :)





2 comments:

RedRed said...

She looks just the same!!!

Kteach said...

I know! and sounds the same too :)