Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fraud, neighbors, dogs and aftermath

Some stupid a$$ got a hold of my credit card number and went on a shopping spree. I got a call from my Credit Union saying there were some charges in dispute and wanted to know if I made them. NO! I didn't. Most of the fraudulent purchases were made in Hacienda Heights and Thousand Oaks. I have never been in those towns. I had to fill some papers saying I did not make those charges and was told to cut the card as I wouldn't be able to use it anymore. They will issue me a new card. I have already received notices from couple of business which are paid automatically with my card, saying the payment has been rejected. Now more work for me getting things straightened up until I get my new card.
Damn thieves!

I have written before about my noisy neighbors. Across the street, there's the Iowan brothers -I call them Sons of Anarchy- that have a side business fixing motorcycles, and they themselves own a few.
They come down the driveway like mad men and zoom up and down the street sooooo noisily! They do at all times of day AND night. It seems they have slowed down a little lately, maybe their next door neighbors complained? I hope so!

Then I have the neighbors that own 2 big dogs. They keep them in their backyard all the time. One of them "Cocoa" has the loudest, more obnoxious bark of any dog, and he barks constantly. They bark especially when nobody is at their home. They bark when I take Lulu outside, they bark if a car goes by, they bark at all times. It gives me a headache and it makes it impossible to take a nap. They also bark early in the morning. Cocoa should be named Cujo, he's that evil!

Yesterday, the family left around 6PM. From that time until about 9PM they didn't stop barking for a minute. It was horrible, gave us a headache, made Lulu upset. And still they barked and barked. I went outside and yelled at them to stop. I was at wit's end. Marvin thought maybe they were thirsty, so I went to the fence that separate our backyards and saw their water bowl was empty. Aha!!!
I went inside the house and got an empty gallon jug and filled it with water and went back to give them water.

AFTERMATH: I lifted myself up on the fence holding on to it with one hand and carrying the heavy jug of water with the other. Sooo stupid! The dog jumped high and scared me and I lost my balance, the water fell on their yard,and I tried by all means to hold on to the fence, but I started sliding down and was extremely lucky I didn't fall backwards.

However...I got my left arm scraped badly, it was bleeding and is now black and blue. My left breast is a big bruise, also scraped, is not a pretty sight. My waist is hurting and so is my right ankle. My whole body aches and I'm in pain. I am definitely not a young chick anymore.

But the damn dogs quit barking:)

3 comments:

emtes said...

Oh my God, you could have broken everything! As you say yourself, you are not 20 anymore :-)
I'm so sorry for your bruising and aching. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care and rest now so you can heal.
Love you! Besos de Mia :-)

RedRed said...

Have you talked to the family and told them their dogs bark all the time when they are not home and that they have no water? They are being terrible pet owners and worse neighbors and I know they are nice good people. Maybe they don't even realize their dogs suck!

Lizzie said...

Wow, Mom! That's terrible! I'm so sorry for your pain when you were trying to help the dogs. They definitely are irritating. I agree with Sandy that you should talk to them about the dogs. Hope you feel better!