Thursday, January 8, 2015

Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones?

I was reading the girls' blogs and they were asking if you are a Beatles fan or an Elvis fan (today was his 80th birthday) or if you prefer The Beatles to The Rolling Stones.

It got me thinking. When I was a young teen, my father travelled often and always brought me back 45's which were hard to find in Spain. One time he brought me a record player that was like a little suitcase and I took it everywhere, nobody else had something like that. I would take it to school in the bus, the metro, the streetcar and played my 45's. I would take them to the beach, really everywhere. I didn't know any english so I learned some songs phonetically, memorized them and listened to them over and over and over.

Most of my 45's were Elvis, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.

My favorite Elvis song was "Are You Lonesome Tonight"
My favorite Beatles song was "Love Me Do"
My favorite Rolling Stones song was "Walking the Dog"


Years have passed and my taste in music has changed, but I still love them the most. And I still love those songs a lot.

I would say I liked Elvis more because he was so good looking and sexy, and I loved his songs. I had pictures of Elvis all over my bedroom wall and I saw all his movies. My favorite is GI Blues. However I didn't like the older Elvis or his music very much.

The Beatles and The Rolling Stones I liked them more for the music than for the members of the groups. I didn't find any of them very attractive. But oh the music!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

How could you play the records on a portable stereo? Did it have batteries? I love the image of you carting around a record player.