Sunday, January 4, 2015

Family Portraits

This February we will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. WOW That's a long time, I feel pretty proud of this accomplishment, we've had our ups and downs, but all in all we made it and that's what's important :)

Our daughters decided their gift to us would be a family portrait. It was also decided that the best time to have it would be the day after Christmas, because is one of the few days we are all together. We had a photographer come to our house to take pictures. That was great because that way we didn't have to go out and look for places etc. and we were all more relaxed too. He took many many pictures in almost all possible combinations. Some of them were posed, many of them were not. It was fun!

I had been wanting a family portrait for a long time, I think the last one we had was when Tristan was about 4 years old. Of course we have had group pictures taken, but they were just snapshots we took with our iPhones etc.

There's lots of people that are very photogenic, for instance my friend Jessica. She cannot take a bad picture. And then there's me. I very seldom have had a picture taken that I've liked. The older I get the less I like them. Some people say, well it looks like you, well that doesn't make me feel any better!! lol

This time there were so many pictures taken that some maybe be pretty good :) I will post some at a later time.

For now...
This is an incomplete family picture taken at Sunset Beach this December. It was cold, about 45 F


A WORD - Both girls have chosen a word for the year. I have not read "Unraveling the Year Ahead", but thought I would choose a word to guide me through the year. So far nothing comes to mind.
Any ideas?






No comments: