Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Wrap Up

Best thing about August was having Tristan staying with us for a while. We really love having him here! Then of course we also had Sandy and Lizzie for the weekend, and is always great when we are all together. Only bad thing was Lizzie getting sick on Sunday with a migraine.

This month I went out to lunch a couple of times with Jennifer, and I also had dinner on Wednesday with my next door neighbor Amy, we both were in need of a Cadillac Margarita!

Another positive is that Marvin has been feeling pretty good this month, just this last week had a touch of bursitis in his elbow, but seems to be getting better.

We have also bought a new patio fountain and is very melodious, I can't wait for the birds to find it and bathe in it! Marvin and I put it together, and then I helped the gardener positioned it in the right place.

Unfortunately, the sad thing is what's going on with Norbert. He's become paranoid and things everybody is out to get him, especially his sister. They absolutely don't get along, he complains she doesn't feed him, and wishes she would go home. She hired a caretaker to be with him 24/7 but yesterday she fired him . She's extremely tight with money and that's something that totally annoys me because I think if he's at home, there should be somebody with him 24/7 only somebody strong,that would help him, and also a person to come a few days a week to cook and clean. And an apartment manager. But it's not going to happen. It aggravates me that I don't have any say at all.
His sister is unable to cope with the way he is, they are both depressed and upset, and just not getting along. I don't know what's going to happen with the Filipino girl, I think his sister is going to talk him out of it. He also is saying he probably won't live much longer and if he does get better he's going to sell everything and move to an island . I go visit him once in a while but is hard for me because is impossible to reason with either one and it leaves me very frustrated. We talked on the phone a few times a week and some days he sounds more rational than others. Next week they are going to the neurosurgeon and maybe they will get some answers. I think he has not been himself since he got back from his trip, he started acting a little different, but having the fall really made things a ton worse. We'll see.

I must say I am very lucky because I am not a person that gets depressed or stressed too much, once in a while I have a small meltdown but it doesn't last long. So I am coping well with everything for the most part, I think :)

This is a list of books I read in August:

Lovehampton by Sherry Rifkin
A Wedding in Provence by Ellen Sussman :)
The Brides of Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
Mr. Maybe by Jane Green :(
Doing it at the Dixie Dew by Ruth Moose
Save the date by Mary Kay Andrews :)

And the movies I watched:

Chef (2014) :)
La Cage Doree (2013) French/Portuguese
Moms Night Out (2014)
The Lunchbox (2014) Indian
The Longest Week (2014)
Enfin Veuve (2007)
Are you here (2013) :(
Life of Crime (2014)

Looking forward to Fall!


No comments: