Thursday, November 7, 2019

Cooking shows!

Wednesdays are my fun  TV days:  Cooking Shows!

There's 2 shows I watch every Wednesday. One comes from Catalunya and is in Catalan. It's call "Joc de cartes"  or Card Games.  The premise is like this...the host/presenter  goes to 4 different restaurants in differents areas of Catalunya, looking for the best Restaurant of...catalan, cooking, or best outdoor cooking, or best fish restaurant, etc etc.  He meets with four Restaurant owners/managers  and they go to each one and judge the restaurant and give points for the dining room, the kitchen, the service, the food, and the price. At the end they all meet and they each  read and comment about how many points they got and why . Then they get in the van and  drive to the restaurant with the most points and he/she get a diploma as Best.... and 5000 euros.   It's fun for me because of course they speak catalan and the food makes me salivate and makes me wish I could eat some of it!

Marc Ribas, presenter of Joc de cartes


The other show is Master Chef Spain. Is pretty similar to Master Chef US. It has 3 judges, 2 men and a woman, my favorite is Jordi Cruz, the owner and chef of a 5 star restaurant in Barcelona. He's cute too!  This time they are having Master Chef Celebrity #4. Every week the weakest one gets expelled. Right now there's 6 left (out of 14). They are: a female comedian from Barcelona, a Madrid socialite whose mother was married to Julio Iglesias and her father is a marquis, a  well known Venezuelan gay writer , a male actor from Huelva , a singer/actress/TV presenter from Sevilla , and a male fashion designer from Barcelona.  Very entertaining.

Juan Avellaneda, fashion designer


There's one problem, the shows are very long and with the difference in time I go to bed late!!!

I just finished watching Joc de Cartes, and getting ready to watch Master Chef Celebrity. It lasts 3 1/2 hours, no commercials.  If I get sleepy I may just watch half now and the other half tomorrow.



1 comment:

RedRed said...

One episode is 3 1/2 hours?!? I get that they do many things, but damn! That's a long show!