Tuesday, September 13, 2016

'Twas a year ago today

One year ago today I went back to my hometown with my daughters.

I am happy to see they both wrote about it in Facebook and in their blogs. It's so nice we all remember the trip with so much love :)

I also wrote my day to day experiences and thoughts last year.
 But I will write about some first impressions and post some pictures that really make me think back on the trip.

After arriving safely after a good trip, it was nice to see Eric and Sonia waiting for us. Driving to Carrer Bertran I found things a bit different, new highways, new buildings etc. But when we arrived to our first apartment, it was all the same. My old neighborhood, the street where I went to school, and our apartment where I lived for 17 years, they were still there.


Roca i Batlle


Carrer Bertran Apt. and  super mercat



Cortacans for bread, ham and ensaimadas.


When we got to the apartment, we didn't have the keys so we waited for someone to bring them to us. After a while, I decided to go inside the lobby and because I was tired and because I am clumsy by nature, I tripped in the lobby and fell on my knees hard, Luckily nobody saw me being so ungraceful, but my knees were skinned and sore for a few days.


That's where we went to Sonia and Eric to have some drinks and tapas. El rincon bar.


Good times