Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sept 24 - a year ago

September 24th is a big holiday in Barcelona. Check it out:

Downtown Barcelona had a lot of festivities going on., I'd have liked to go to some of them but everything was so crowded, we decided to follow our plan and go to Sagrada Familia, the iconic temple in Barcelona created by Gaudi.


I knew there was a churreria close to Sagrada Familia, it's a small one but the churros were delicious!

We went down to the crypt, I had never been there and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
This is San Jose my namesake.
and Gaudi's tomb
We spend a long time viewing the church and the gift shop, walked ack home to get ready to go to my cousin's Ferran's house for lunch.
It was nice seeing Merce again and her daughter and grandaughter. The paella was amazing.


Later on the girls went to Parque Guell. I stayed at the apartment and watchedhe Merce festivities in TV. When they came home, they were tired from the long walk, so they went to get ham and bread and we had sandwiches for dinner and watched TV

 PS I knew there was going to be a lot of walking at Parque Guell so I chose not to go. I was going out for a walk around the neighborhood but I was afraid I couldn't get the door open to get back in, as we had a little problem earlier on.

Here's a picture of the reflection of the Sagrada Familia spires in rain puddles.

 I didn't take it but it's great picture.


No comments: