Friday, September 9, 2016

Back in Kindergarten

Not really.

I just went to visit, but I had not been there for quite a while. 

My last Kindergarten class kids are  now in Middle School, so I didn't hear any kids  calling me the Gummy Bear teacher :(  I was sad.

Things have changed a little. All the K classes have new bathrooms, with room for handicapped children. To make them bigger they had to take part of the classroom, They also changed all the bathrooms in the school to accomodate wheel chairs.so it looks a little different.

There are also new doors in all the school. In case of problems, they lock themselves automatically. Teachers are not crazy about them,  plus they have a long window on the door so people can look in and the kids and teachers can look out so it's not very private in case anything happens. I would worry if there's an earthquake (and we had a couple fairly big ones while I worked there) and the doors locked and we couldn't get out. 

They also have moved the teachers aroiund. One 1st grade teacher that has been in 1st grade for years, now is in Kindergarten (she thought she'd be afraid of the little kids lol, but said now it's fine). One of my best friends - we partnered in K for a few years, then she went to 2nd, then 3rd and this year she's in 6th grade. And so on.

My friend Jennifer is in PreK, The first week of school she had 36 4 year olds!!!! That must have been epic! They had to quickly open a new classroom  and add another teacher, but in a different school, so the parents were not very happy. Now she has 26 kids. While I was there, one little girl started crying and shouting she didn't want to go to lunch, she just wanted the snack she brought from home. She kept telling Jennifer she was a bad teacher, then she ran to me and held my hand and said she'd go to the Cafeteria if I went with her., all the time crying and hugging me and wiping snot and tears on my top. I was not pleased! I gave a silent prayer of thanks that I was not subbing, just visiting!

It was nice to meet with my friends. They still complain about the same things...too many students in the classes, too much homework, too many rules and too many changes...Can't say I miss it. :)

But I loved reading to the children :)

3 comments:

RedRed said...

:)

emtes said...

Things change and not always for the better and that's maybe enough just to visit now and then and don't have the responsibility. Oh my to have so many 4-year olds. They are babies.

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with things lately. I have been so so tired but when my cold struck I know what had kept me so tired at least.

Hugs and kisses from your sis
Love you <3

Lizzie said...

I'm glad you got to see some old friends, but I'm also glad you're thankful and happy that your teaching days are over :)