Monday, September 26, 2016

Sept 26 - Last day in Barcelona (a year ago)

I should say last full day in Barcelona. A wonderful trip was coming to an end, but I can honestly say we did a lot in those 12 days and everything went smoothly and we enjoyed every minute.

The girls had tickets to go inside the Sagrada Familia, they loved it. I stayed in the apartment and packed and had some quiet moments thinking of everything we did, and people we saw, and food we ate. I think I might have shed a tear or two.

When they got back to the apartment, we went for a  walk  all the way down Passeig San Joan to El Born, passing by Plaza Tetuan, Arc of Triumph, Ciudadela Park, to El Born. a distance of only 1.5 miles  ( I would have thought it was a much longer distance)





I wanted to have something to eat in El Born area but the outside cafes were full or closed., so we headed back to the apartment but we stopped at a bar  called Snack 55 and had some tapas and of course Sangria Cava,


Back to the apartment to finish packing and wait for Sonia and Eric. They would stay and sleep in the apartment and take us to the airport in the morning.


It was raining a little and a couple of places we wanted to go were already closed, so we stopped in a little bar and had drinks and some food. Nobody enjoyed the food but I liked
 my ensalada catalana.
I don't know if Sandy's sad face was because we were leaving the next day or because she didn't like her food. Or a bit of both.




1 comment:

RedRed said...

I do have a sad face :(