Sunday, March 15, 2015

Free dinner

Lizzie came to visit this weekend. We had ham and cheese sandwiches when she got here Friday night. On Saturday, after she took M to dialysis, she told me she felt like having a hamburger and a beer or some pasta. She checked places and finally we decided on Burger Parlor in Fullerton. http://www.burgerparlor.com/ It was very good, the burger was super juicy and the draft beer Lizzie had was a brew from San Diego. We also had fries and onion rings.

We didn't do much in the afternoon, just read, watch T, a little gardening etc. We all took a nap.
Then it was time for dinner, M suggested pasta, and we decided on a little Italian restaurant close to where we lie. I don't like to go there because it's hard to find parking. It's a mini mall with a 7-11, the restaurant, and another little shop which was closed. Lizzie asked me if I wanted her to come along and I said yes!

I called an ordered an antipasto misto, spaghetti and meatballs, and lasagna. The said it would be ready in about 30 minutes. All good. When we got there, the only place with empty parking was the 7-11, but there was a lot of shouting and clamoring going on and a big truck was getting ready to move cars that were parked at 7-11 although the owners were eating at the Italian restaurant. The 7-11 manager was having the cars towed away, he was tired of people parking in his spots. Lizzie wisely decided to move and I went inside the restaurant. It was pretty chaotic, it was totally full of people dining but many of them went outside when they heard they were towing their cars away! I went to the window to inquire about my order and they were just totally overwhelmed with take out orders, getting the checks ready for the tables etc. They asked me where I parked and I said by 7-11, they shouted to one of the waiters to check on my car, I told them my daughter had moved it and she was driving around waiting for me. I asked could they please check on my order? the man was totally upset about the whole thing, but his wife was nice and hurried to check and came back with my order, then she said she forgot the antipasto and went to get it, in the meantime people were coming and going and it was just crazy!. She came back with the antipasto and I gave her my credit card and she said no no, you'll pay some other day, just take it and go! And so I did.


Free dinner :)

No comments: