Friday, March 27, 2015

Doctors, tests, waiting rooms and other fun stuff

Spring seems to be the time for not only Spring cleaning but also for checking the bodies to see if everything is working correctly.

Both M and I have standing appointments for podiatry, every 3 months we go and get our feet and toes looking mahvelous. M goes to the wound nurse every so often, it's a learning experience.

Today we had an appointment for M in dermatology. Parking at the Medical offices is a big challenge. There are big parking lots all over and every single spot is occupied, very frustrating. I don't like to have appointments there because of that reason, but that's where most of M's appointments are. But at least I get my exercise for the day.

He got checked and had a couple of biopsies on his cheek where he had some problems before, he also made an appointment at the doctors request for having a procedure with on his arms and face with a blue light, is sort of a skin peel that gets rid of pre cancerous spots. The joys of having been a truck driver and farmer and having his face and arms exposed to the sun for many years.

While I was waiting for M, I walked to see if I could just walk in to have a mammogram since I was due for one, and that way I wouldn't have to take another day just for it. Sure enough, I could just walk in without an appointment, but the wait was 45 minutes and everybody knows I have to sit and wait, so I signed in and told the nurse I'd be back in half an hour. I walked around and enjoyed the nice weather, when I got back the nurse said I had been called so now I had to wait again. I hate that even though it was my fault. Anyway all in all I spent 1 hour there but finally I got it done (with a new machine that doesn't squeeze you flat as a pancake and it was not as intrusive).

Afterwards we went to lunch to Capriotti's, I really like their sandwiches http://capriottis.com/ . M and I were famished, we got the large italian, and next door at the 5 Guys, we got their Cajun fries. We went home to eat, and after we both took a nap :)

Tonight I took Lulu for a nice walk, and we had chicken tortilla soup that I had made yesterday, and it was very good.

Next month M has an appointment with his new doctor, his regular doctor retired and the new one wants to see his patients and get acquainted with them. Good idea. I also have an appointment with my ophtalmologist next month, and later my optometrist. I should go to the dentist too but I just hate going to the dentist to the point that I have to take an anxiety pill before my appointment lol, so I guess I'll wait for that one.

I just reread what I wrote and I think this may very well be one of the dullest posts I've ever written, but since it's already done I will leave it. Feel free to ignore it :)

No comments: