Monday, March 9, 2015

Back to School

Today I subbed for 1st grade at Jersey School. I usually only want to sub for Kinder, but the school secretary told me it would be an easy day, so I said OK (she was right).

The teacher I subbed for has a student teacher working at her class, his name is Carlos, and he's very good and also pretty nice looking . Suffice to say I did absolutely nothing all day, just watched him teach and took some notes. He has a good rapport with the kids and is very patient and very good at discipline, I was impressed. And I was so glad he did the teaching because it was my first time with the new Common Core Math, the kids were befuddled...I couldn't really help them because I didn't have the common core language, for instance you cannot say "take away" anymore.


Here's the class and the student teacher (He used to be a FedExpress driver)


It was also my first time seeing first hand the "new healthy" Michelle Obama's lunches. What a waste!,no more Tuesday taco day, or pizzas, today's hamburger was in a wheat bun -very few ate the bun- a slice of tomato and a leaf of lettuce, half a cup of green beans, and a banana. Milk to drink -no more chocolate milk.

All in all it was a nice day. When it was time to go home, I was so sleepy I came home and took a 90 minutes nap lol.I think with the change of hours and having to wake up early I was xtra tired.

Here's a picture of a nice tree at the front of the school with beautiful Spring blosssoms.



No comments: