Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Holidays


I haven't written since my birthday, I tried to but for one thing or another I ended up not doing it. So I will write about what we did for Christmas sand then later on I will do my yearly recap :)

Lizzie came over the 23rd late at night, bringing goodies she baked herself. I just finished the last truffle yum! Christmas Eve I took M to dialysis and she went to pick up Sandy and family at the LB airport.I love it when we are all together! I cooked macarrones and we also had a greek salad. Before that, of course, they had to have In'n'Out. They were all tired so after talking and drinking a little, it was bedtime.

Christmas morning was all about opening presents since Santa came to visit us :). We all were pleased with our gifts. I got a lovely sweater from Sandy and house shoes, Lizzie gave me a nice garden light with 3 flowers, very pretty, also a nice frame. Of course there were more things but it takes too long to name everything for everybody. Even Lulu got some gifts.

Lulu and the hedgehog


After opening presents, I cooked breakfast bacon, sausage and waffles, and got started on  dinner. Jeff came in the afternoon. For dinner we had a cheese tray, nuts, assorted cold meats with crackers, then Catalan soup and breaded pork , and of course several desserts. And Cava.



This is a long post!
Friday was picture day!!! I will write more about it later. It was fun! Thank you girls!!!
In the afternoon Marvin's family came. Marvin made chili and Jeff made  pork loin sliders. Yummy! We had a very nice time, having all the family together.
Jameson and his Xmas present

Saturday we went to El Cholo for lunch and then we went to Sunset Beach to watch the sun set :)


And Sunday, they all went back home. It was a great Christmas!


1 comment:

emtes said...

It seems you had a very nice time and I'm so glad you had all the family with you.
I wonder what Catalan soup is? Recipe?
The dishes sounded very nice.
I wish I could have been there too with my family. That would have been a real gathering :-)
Hugs and kisses and many good wishes for the new year.
Love you!
Your sis Mia