Saturday, December 13, 2014

Rain, hair, rain, lunch

It rained A LOT last night, rain and wind, even a small tornado a few miles from here. After many dry months, the rain is most welcome, just wish it wouldn't come all at once.

Yesterday and today I did a couple of things that cause me some anxiety, mainly because it entails to be sitting down fairly still for longer than I like. Yesterday I had a manicure, barely. I went to a nail salon next to the dialysis center. Is Vietnamese owned and all the ladies working there are Vietnamite as well, their English is very poor. I ended up with a mini manicure, no nail polish, basically just had my fingernails trimmed and cuticles softened, and a pretty nice hand massage. I really don't know how to relax and enjoy being pampered :)

So today I went to get my hair done. I finally found someone I liked and that I was comfortable with and naturally she had to move, and now I had to try a new salon. The salon had rave reviews at Yelp, so I made an appointment. It was one of the very few times where my stylist was a man, I really get along better with men. He is super nice and did a nice job coloring and cutting my hair and being very friendly. It didn't hurt he offered me a glass of wine, well two. I will go back.

I told him I was going to lunch after I was done and asked him to recommend a place, he did. It was a Mexican Restaurant, but with a twist. I really enjoyed my meal, and the waiter told me there was a celebrity in the house. I turned around and saw a few people eating and enjoying themselves, the "celebrity" was Mario Lopez, he of the deep dimples. Do you know who he is Mia?

A couple of days ago Jennifer came over and told me the long, sad story of her latest breakup with the moron she's been going with for the last 3-4 years. I hope this time is for good. We went out to dinner and did a little shopping, it was fun.

And tonight Lizzie came over and is always nice when she is here, I think we'll go to El Cholo tomorrow :)

And now, good night!







1 comment:

emtes said...

Yes, of course I know who Mario Lopez is :-) Quite good-looking with those dimples.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer broke up again but as you predict she will for sure get back with him.
Sorry, I have been so bad in writing my blog but I have had so much happening that the time hasn't been there. I will try to better during the holidays :-)
Puss och kram
Mia
Love you!