Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Another year

Today is my birthday. It's been a very quiet one, quite different from last year's. Of course last year my age ended in 0 so it calls for a bigger celebration :)

It's been raining quite a lot lately, last night we had heavy rain, wind and thunder and lightning which is unusual for Southern California. Luckily for my big birthday surprise last year, the weather was just perfect. So things have a way of working right.

Marvin and I went to one of our favorite restaurants for a late lunch, The Original Fish Company. Unfortunately they didn't have my favorite monkfish, so I had fresh fillet of halibut with little yellow potatoes and New England clam chowder, it was very good. I didn't have dessert because I already had my favorite chocolate cake that Lizzie brought me last week.

I had a nice surprise getting a package from Mia, it had 2 big apples, 3 nice pears, 4 mandarines, hot chocolate mix, pistacchios, almonds, and candy. Thanks Mia! I also had my daughters sing Happy Birthday to me, and Tristan called me and I wasn't around so he sent a nice voice mail. I also heard from my two sons (in law) :)

That's about all I did today. I was going to wrap some gifts but I got lazy. I was going to decorate the house a little, but yes I was too lazy. I wasn't even in the computer too much today, so basically I did nothing much :)

Tomorrow I'm taking Lulu to the doggie salon, she needs to have her nails trimmed and also a hair cut. And maybe I will get a burst of energy and get some work done!




No comments: