Thursday, October 2, 2014

Trader Joe's

Sandy has been writing about her finds at TJ's. I find those posts entertaining, so today when I went to the store, I decided to write about my purchases.

I usually go to TJ's about 3-4 times a month, more often on holidays.I don't go there for regular every day shopping, it's more for special treats, and finding new things and just enjoying looking around. I usually spend more money that I want but I am always happy with my purchases.



Today I bought my usual dark chocolate almonds with sea salt and turbinado sugar, I am seriously addicted to them. I bought a chocolate ganache cake, it's rich and dark and delicious. A Ritter Sport chocolate with hazelnuts, can you tell I am a chocolaholic???

I also got a tomato and roasted pepper soup that Sandy likes. I bought one a couple years ago and I didn't care much for it, but I am going to try it again, I love roasted peppers and tomatoes.  I also bought 2 things that were in the sample area and I never had them before. One was Korean style scallion pancakes, the other spicy chicken sausage. I had it for dinner and it was very tasty. I also got eggs and triple creme Brie.

Lastly, I bought a giant Danish Kringle. Last Christmas I had a sample and it was really good, when I went to buy one, they had already run out of them, so when I saw it today I went ahead and bought it, it was nice and soft and I was salivating.



When I got home, I opened it and was ready to cut me a slice when I noticed it said: Pumpkin Caramel kringle! I don't like pumpkin, the smell or the taste! I did eat a piece and it wasn't as bad as I feared, so I may have another piece ;)

It was a fun shopping time at my favorite store.



1 comment:

RedRed said...

The Kringle!! The lady was giving out samples of it the time I was there and I wanted to buy one sooooo much. Delicious!