Friday, September 21, 2012

Endeavour

This is how it looked flying over La Mirada about noon today.
 
This is not my picture, if I post my picture all you will see is the trail the plane left, because when I heard the  engine noise, and it was loud, I started to run to the front door, but first I went to get my camera, and then my sunglasses (it was very bright outside) then had to tell Lulu no she cannot come outside. By the time I finally went out all that was left was the smoke trail :(
 
Prior to that, I had taken Marvin to the dermatologist to have some skin cancer removed. I had read that the shuttle was going to fly right over where the hospital is (part of the shuttle was built in Downey and it was going to fly over it) So I went to the top floor of the hospital that has a nice view of the Space Center and Los Angeles and waited. Someone saw me looking and told me it was going to fly by in about an hour. So I went home hoping to see it from  there. By the way, when Marvin was having his procedure, the shuttle flew by and all the nurses ran to watch it, Marvin only had a glimpse of one of the jets that flew along the 747.
 
Everybody that saw it said it was an awesome sight!

No comments: