Monday, September 10, 2012

September


Last Friday I met my teacher friends at Geezers, for the first after school happy hour. For what they told me, it will be the first of many, they need a drink after school (the principal agreed wholeheartedly!). It seems this year they are going to have large classes (up to 32 in Kindergarten). I still remember my favorite class of 15 :)

I ordered some food to go to take to Marvin for dinner, it was pasta carbonara, and also an apple cobbler. They were very good.

Talking about food, one of my wishes came true. I finally fopund a very nice bakery close by. It's a French/Korean bakery called "Paris Baguette".

http://www.parisbaguetteusa.com

They have really yummy stuff, some of them are a little different, like sweet potato danishes, and pastries with redbean filling. But the croissants and brioches and fruit tarts are really good.

It is in the corner of La mirada Blvd and Beach Blvd, where the old Pet Smart used to be. All that shopping center has become Korean. They have a huge supermarket next door, and it is really like being in a different country. All the signs are in Korean, and I didn't recognize hardly any of the groceries. They have lots of stalls that give you samples, but of course they were calling out in Korean and I understood nothing. I tried a couple of things, and to tell you the truth, I still don't know what I ate, it was neither good or bad, it was just different. They also had a big food court. I spent sometime there marveling at all the offerings. It's a huge store, almost warehouse like.
 
 
A little late, but Happy Labor Day Weekend!



1 comment:

emtes said...

Good on you going out with your friends after school! Jennifer looks good. How is she?
I too wouldn't have known what the food was but you're brave trying. I wouldn't try something I don't know what it is.
Thanks for mail. I will write you later this week :-)
At the moment I can't walk because of pain in my pelvis. So I'm on cruches at the moment.
Take care! Love you
your sis <3