Saturday, September 1, 2012

August recap

This month I made several appointments for myself.
August1, had a general check up, all is well. My diabetes is well controlled :)
August 10, I had my hair colored, cut and styled, nice.
August 22, Dentist appointment,  xrays and check up.
August 28,  Back to the dentist.  He always find trouble spots. This time it was supposed to be a simple filling but ended up a crown. Also had to have a deep cleaning of the gums, painful! I have a huge bruise in my lower right jaw.
He just did my right side, next appointment 2 more crowns and deep cleaning of the left side.
August 31, went to the podiatrist. My feet look great now and there were no major issues :)

Marvin's brother and sisters came to visit at the beginning of the month. They of course brought Petey, he looked a bit raggedy.

I had fun watching the Olympic Games from London!!!!

Marvin had a bad day on Tuesday, August 7th. I had to call 911, he was taken to the ER in Whittier Community Hospital, and was transferred to Kaiser Irvine where he stayed in observation for 24 hours.

Sandy had knee surgery on August 13th. All went well and she's in her way to recovery!  Lizzie went to stay with her for a week. Lizzie came to La Mirada the first 3 weekends of the month. It's always nice and helpful to have her around :)
Tristan started 9th grade on August 27th. I hope he does as well as he did in 8th grade. He's a smart boy!!! :)

Books I've read this month:
Elizabeth Adler - From Barcelona, with Love
Barbara Taylor Bradford - 3 weeks in Paris
Brian O'Reilly - Angelina's Bachelors
Liza Palmer - More like her
Anita Hughes - monarch beach
Meredith Mileti - Aftertaste
Katie Fforde - Wedding Season
 
Here's to a good September!

No comments: