Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter


I don't remember very much about Easter in Spain when I was growing up.  I remember we had new dresses for Easter and a special cake called "Mona de Pascua" We also went to church on Easter Day.

Tia Loreto (tio Juan's wife), me, my grandmother (yaya) , Nuri and my mother
at the house I was born in Bonanova, on Palm Sunday , in 1946

When the girls were young, Easter was fun, dressing them up with cute outfits and bonnets
and looking for Easter eggs
Jerome, Idaho 1975

Then when my grandson was young we did the same, hiding Easter eggs, sometimes in Utah, sometimes in San Diego, sometimes here.

San Diego 2002?

When my sister Mia came to visit, it was usually during Easter, that was fun too.
2011

When I was working, the week before Easter we did a lot of  activities in Kindergarten, hiding eggs, 
having an Easter hat Parade etc.




This will be the first Easter I will be spending by myself  
Missing Marvin


4 comments:

Lizzie said...

love that pic of Dad!

RedRed said...

This is one of my favorite pics of Dad, too!

emtes said...

Great pic of Marvin and a great one of me, Tristan and the girls too. I miss not being there for a couple of years. But next time it's you visiting me, isn't it?

emtes said...

By the way I think I did some of those bunny ears ;-)