Monday, April 30, 2018

April recap

Still trying to get used to being on my own. Some days are hard.

April 1   - I had my gardener cut/prune the 2 big trees in the backyard.
          7   - Change furniture around. N came to help and I did all the finishing work. Now I have a                       nice "guest room"  and a dedicated office room.
          8   - Working on finishing the rooms, still moving things around, cleaning and organizing.
         10  - Fun day! Huntington Beach, lunch at Harbor House. Walked on the beach...fell on the                         beach... :)
         14  - Pick up Sandy at the Long Beach Airport. So nice to see her! Drive around the beach                           areas. Lunch at Harbor                   House. Go home  by Beach Blvd,with stopover at                             Porto's. Also at 38 degrees and visit the  Asian markets.
         15  - Lizzie drove up from SD. The 3 of us to El Cholo, a bit of a tradicional thing to do. Loved                   having my two girls here!
                  Lulu hurt her rear right paw and is limping. Lizzie back to SD
         16  - Drive Sandy to the airport. So nice she came here for a short visit.
                  Took Lulu to the vet. She got the Cone of Shame!
         19  - Back to the vet to get a bigger cone.
         21  - Today would have been Marvin's 78th birthday. Went to have dinner to one of his favorite                    Restaurants "The Alamitos Fish Company". N came along and we had  a nice monkfish                       dinner and creme brulee.
         25  - To Jersey School visiting. Was nice to see everybody. Was asked by one of my                                      kindergarten teacher friend if I wanted to go to Cuba on a cruise in November. It doesn't                      appeal me much. Nice talk with Jennifer.
         27  - Lizzie came in the evening. She's leaving to Scotland tomorrow.
         28  - N and I took Lizzie to LAX . Afterwards N and I drove around the beach cities then came                   home to check on Lulu and to Black Angus for dinner.
         30  - Took Lulu back to the vet. She seems to be OK. Tried to make a hair appt but couldn't get                   one till May 25 !

BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH


MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH




1 comment:

RedRed said...

Only 5 books this month? You were busy with stuff. :)